26/12/2008

More Like It

Hot on the heels of my scathing dismissal of Gramophone's current quality standards came new to me that the magazine is making their entire archive (1923-2008) available online!

In fact, it's already available as I'm typing this, right here.

For every single word I've said about the Gramophone in its current state/mess, I have a hundred words of praise for its content in the old era, even from the fragment of which I've been exposed to indirectly, and through the reviews their other site previously had available.

From landmark interviews, to columns and reviews by pretty much the entire British musical elite (and not just them - see for example: Rachmaninov on Rachmaninov) throughout the 20th century, I can't stress it enough: if you're remotely interested in classical recordings and their history, this demands your urgent attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment